School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
- Hybla Valley Elementary School
- Region 3
- Lauren Sheehy, Principal
English Language Arts - Reading by 3rd Grade
- The percentage of students who meet Spring grade level benchmark expectations on iReady/PALS-K/LLS will increase from 32% to 60%. The percentage of students demonstrating expected screener 'Within-Year Growth' in reading (iReady) will increase from 55% to 75% by the Spring of 2024.
- Improve daily, systematic, explicit instruction in phonological awareness, phonics, and morphology in the core language arts block. (HLP 2)
- Increase the use of WIDA tools and rubrics to support language development.
- By the end of SY 2023-24, the percent of G1-6 students demonstrating expected screener 'Within-Year Growth' on the math iReady screener will increase from 50% to 70%.
Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
Increase teachers implementation strategies related to Shift 8: from looking for correct answers towards revealing student thinking.
- By the end of SY 23-24, the percent of students scoring below proficiency on the 2024 Science SOL will decrease by 10%.
Strengthen the use of scaffolds to support students’ development of rigorous science and engineering practices
The master schedule was adjusted to increase the opportunities for science instruction.
- By the end of SY 23-24 the rate of chronic absenteeism will decrease from 29.3% (SY 22-23) to 15%.
Strengthening messaging to staff, students and families around attendance to school. Each stakeholder should be able to understand how daily attendance matters, not only for academic success, but because school offers an opportunity to develop social and emotional skills such as listening, paying attention, problem-solving and self-regulation, all which are needed to grow and learn.
Create a school culture of engagement & belonging for students and families. Every staff, student, and family will feel safe and connected to the school community.